Rigging is a process used to secure materials to be moved by cranes, hoists or other lifting equipment. There are many factors to consider when applying slings and chains to secure a load. Improper rigging can lead to dropped loads and catastrophic failure of lifting equipment, which can cost lives. Part 1 will describe rigging equipment and how to care for, inspect and store it and Part 2 will cover the steps required to prepare for safe rigging.
By the end of this course, an understanding will be gained of:
- Proper equipment used to rig a load
- Inspection and storage requirements for equipment
- General safety rules to be observed while rigging
- Steps required to plan a rigging job
- How to safely mount equipment on a load