Workers are exposed to hazardous chemical products every day. This poses serious problems for exposed workers and their employers. Hazard Communication (HazCom) training is designed to provide workers in California with the information they need to recognize and avoid hazardous chemicals. This course will introduce learners to everything from the content of Proposition 65 and the federal and California HazCom Standards to the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS). It will also explain how to use Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) and chemical labels to prepare for hazards or react to exposures. This course is ideal for all employees in California.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- State the purpose of the HazCom Standard
- Recognize who is covered by the HazCom Standard
- State the purpose of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS)
- Explain how the HazCom Standard aligns with the GHS
- Recognize the information contained in a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and how it is used and maintained in the workplace
- List the elements of the HazCom Standard training program