Logging is one of the most hazardous industries in the U.S. Medical costs for chainsaw injuries amount to about $350 million per year in the U.S and every year, a number of loggers are fatally injured on the job. This course addresses the hazards of logging with chainsaws and safety precautions workers need to take to reduce their risk of injury on the job.
By the end of this course, you will be able to identify:
- Potential injuries associated with logging
- Hazards related to the site, trees and equipment
- Precautions to around the site, trees and equipment
- Key aspects of planning and executing a plan for logging
- Key aspects of making safe cuts