This online Aerial Platform , Boom & Scissor course aims to reduce the risks related to straight telescoping boom, articulating boom, and scissor lift type mobile elevated work platforms (MEWPs) by teaching you the fundamentals of safe operating procedures.
This course was developed to comply with the requirements for theory training as outlined in:
- CSA standard B354.8 (May 2017)
- ANSI standards A92.5 and A92.6 (Additional consideration provided for the draft ANSI standard 92.24)
- OSHA 1926.453
- Responsibilities as an aerial platform operator
- Manuals and signal words
- Required PPE
- Types of aerial platforms and their components
- Factors that impact machine stability
- Aerial platform attachments and modifications
- Walk around inspections and function tests
- Operational hazards
- Safe start-up, operation, shutdown, and fueling procedures
- Scissor lift components
This course takes approximately 105 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course.