Spills in the workplace are almost inevitable. Because of the range and quantity of substances used in laboratories, manufacturing facilities and other work areas, preplanning is needed to respond safely to chemical spills. Spills should be cleaned up only by knowledgeable and experienced staff. This training will provide the information needed to handle small chemical spills in the workplace. Ideal learners are anyone who works around chemicals.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain how to prepare for and respond to a small chemical spill
- List what should be included in a spill kit
- Specify precautions to take if a chemical spill is large or involves hazardous materials
- Describe what to do if someone becomes contaminated during spill cleanup
- Recall how to dispose of spilled chemicals