In 2010, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) introduced new measures to improve the effectiveness of the agency's compliance and enforcement program. The Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) program's goal is to reduce large truck and bus crashes, injuries and fatalities.
This online Compliance, Safety & Accountability for Drivers course is designed to provide commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers with important high-level information about the new CSA program.
After completing this course, an understanding should be gained of:
- Explain the purpose of the CSA program and operational model
- Explain components of the CSA program
- Identify driver responsibilities according to the CSA program
- Recognize differences between the CSA Safety Measurement System (SMS) and the previous SafeStat System
- Explain the Behavior Analysis and Safety Improvement Categories (BASICs)
- Describe how the Driver Safety Measurement System (DSMS) works