This online Confined Space Entry and Monitor course defines confined and restricted spaces, explains the hazards associated with them, and provides methods for assessing, eliminating, controlling, and monitoring those hazards. The goal of this course is to help you demonstrate basic knowledge and proficiency in the identification, classification, and monitoring of both confined and restricted spaces. This course also covers requirements as described under Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) legislation as they relate to confined spaces.
- The differences between confined and restricted spaces
- Classification systems for confined space entry
- Common confined and restricted space hazards
- Procedures for the assessment, testing, elimination, and control of hazards
- Personal protective equipment requirements for confined space entry
- Permits, logs, communication systems, and emergency response plans required for confined space entry
- Employer, worker, and monitor (tending worker) responsibilities as they relate to confined spaces
This course takes approximately 260 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course.