In order to help keep CMV drivers and everyone else on the road safe, the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) sets forth rules and regulations that all Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) drivers are required to follow. They include driver qualifications, revised Hours of Service regulations, log book documentation, requirements for inspections, and safety equipment needed on board a truck and some Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) issues.
This online DOT Driver Compliance course is designed to cover important U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) rules that all Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) drivers are required to follow.
After completing this course, an understanding should be gained of:
- Documentation needed for a qualified driver
- Hours-of-Service regulations
- How to complete a daily log sheet
- What inspections are required
- Requirements for drug and alcohol testing
- HazMat compliance issues
- What a DOT auditor will look for during an inspection
- The CSA 2010 initiative