Properly handling, securing, and delivering cargo are all tasks the professional driver faces on a daily basis. In addition, all drivers deal with some form of freight documentation. Learners need to know what documents are required and what their responsibility is in handling them when out on the road.
This course is designed to address the importance of properly handling cargo, cargo security, cargo securement, and weight distribution principles. In addition, it will cover the basics of cargo documentation including a general overview of the bill of lading and procedures learners should follow when making pickups and deliveries.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize cargo securement devices
- Explain how to evenly distribute cargo
- Identify how to safely load and unload a vehicle
- Recall the functions served by, and information included on, a bill of lading
- Summarize pickup and delivery procedures
- Practice cargo theft prevention measures