This unit must teach driver-trainees about the importance of managing the space surrounding the vehicle under various traffic and road conditions.
Proper space management means maintaining a "safe space" around your vehicle to ensure the safety of everyone on the road. This includes managing the space surrounding your vehicle. It also includes managing space when making turns and when crossing traffic, as well as when sharing the road with distracted drivers.
This course is designed to focus on the importance of learners managing their vehicle's space.
This online Entry-Level Driver Training Module 12: Space Management course covers the following topics:
- Managing Space
- Turning Space
- Space When Crossing & Entering Traffic
- Distracted Drivers
- Heavy Traffic
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of proper space management
- Describe how to maintain an appropriate cushion of space
- Discuss how to safely execute a right and left turn in a tractor-trailer
- Recognize the signs of distracted drivers and identify how to manage them appropriately