Intended for individuals who may be exposed to hydrogen sulfide in the workplace, this course provides information to help protect individuals from exposure and explains how to deal with emergencies involving H2S.
Please Note: This program isnotequivalent to the Energy Safety CanadaH2S Alivein class course.
- H2S properties and formation
- Where H2S is found
- H2S statistics
- Atmospheric hazards
- Hazard assessment
- The hazard control hierarchy
- Legislated responsibilities
- Personal protective equipment
- Types of respiratory equipment
- Selecting the correct respiratory PPE
- H2S measurements
- Safe working limits
- Detection devices
- Emergency scene management
- First aid for H2S exposure
This course takes approximately 150 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course.