This lesson introduces the concept of ergonomics in a general industry setting, brings awareness to the most common cumulative trauma disorders (CTDs), explores strategies to prevent or control CTDs, and identifies the basics of an ergonomics safety program.
After successful completion of this course, you should have a better understanding of:
- Recalling the underlying principle of ergonomics in the workplace and core risk factors
- Identifying causes of CTDs
- Recognizing common types of cumulative trauma disorders
- Matching warning signs and symptoms with solutions and actions
- Identifying ergonomic principles
- Recognizing elements of an effective ergonomic health and safety program