Industrial hygiene is a science that benefits everyone. It helps employers and industrial hygienists anticipate, recognize, evaluate and control environmental and physical hazards, which can affect the health and well-being of workers and community members.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of industrial hygiene
- Classify the types of hazards addressed by industrial hygiene
- Describe the routes of entry of contaminants into the human body
- Recognize when different types of air contaminants may be present
- Recall units of concentration and exposure threshold limit values
- Recognize key aspects of hearing conservation