A laboratory safety program depends on participation and cooperation from every employee. This course describes common hazards associated with laboratory environments and introduces ways to control and limit chemical exposure. Ideal learners are any employee who works in a laboratory environment.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the most common routes of chemical exposure in a laboratory setting
- Identify common hazards found in the laboratory environment
- Identify control methods that reduce chemical exposure
- Recall general rules of lab safety
- Describe appropriate responses to various emergencies such as exposure, spills and fire
- Identify proper handling, storage and disposal methods of hazardous chemicals