In this online Overhead Cranes course, you will learn how to properly inspect, maintain, and operate overhead cranes.
Once you have completed this overhead cranes training course, you should be able to:
- Identify the main causes of overhead crane accidents and dropped loads
- During inspections, utilize the manufacturer's instructions
- State the requirements for pre-start inspections and log books
- Understand crane hand signals
Module 1: Crane Accidents
- Types of overhead crane accidents
- The primary causes of dropped loads
Module 2: Inspection and Maintenance
- Following the manufacturer, instructions during inspection
- Pre start inspections and log books
- Proper spooling of wire rope on hoist drums
- Inspections of wire ropes, end attachments, hoist blocks, equalizer sheaves, and hoist drums
- Testing of high and low limit switches, controls for proper operation, and hoist brakes
- Inspection schedules as per maintenance
Module 3: Basic Safety Recommendations
- The Dos and Don'ts of safe operation
- Crane hand signals
This course takes approximately 60 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 70% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course.