This course provides learners with an in-depth overview of abatement methods for the control of tuberculosis (TB), including early identification, medical surveillance and case management. This course also includes information about employer recordkeeping requirements. This course is intended for a broad range of workers in the healthcare industry and is appropriate for all job descriptions, including non-healthcare workers as well as hands-on caregivers.
This course provides learners with an overview of methods to prevent and control tuberculosis (TB) in the healthcare environment.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe methods to prevent the spread of tuberculosis (TB) in the healthcare environment
- Describe the importance of having an infection control policy for TB
- Describe control measures important in preventing the spread of TB
- Describe housekeeping and cleaning procedures to follow for contaminated rooms
- Describe components of the respiratory program and respirator use when caring for patients with suspected or confirmed TB
- Describe abatement methods used in the prevention and control of tuberculosis (TB)
- Describe the components of a TB medical surveillance program
- Describe the impact of having TB on a healthcare worker's ability to work
- Describe TB recordkeeping requirements for the healthcare industry