Successful commercial motor vehicle (or CMV) drivers must do all that they can to properly negotiate turns and intersections. This course demonstrates safe turn and intersection techniques in a variety of situations, including city and rural driving, single- and multi-lane roads, narrow streets, one-way streets, and roundabouts.
This course is designed to help prepare drivers to follow the proper steps in making right turns, left turns, and handling intersections.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Follow guidelines for negotiating turns and intersections
- Describe techniques for compensating for off-tracking
- Explain how to make both left-hand turns and right-hand turns correctly
- State the most common turning mistakes
- Describe the proper steps in approaching intersections
- Explain the guidelines for maneuvering in a roundabout