The goal of this lesson is to provide awareness training for managers, supervisors, and general employees on the importance of safety audits and how to plan and conduct an audit.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Define safety audit and describe its purpose.
- Recognize the importance of safety audits and the objectives of a safety audit program.
- Identify how to plan and conduct a safety audit.
- Identify how to inspect the work area and work practices.
- Identify how to formulate recommendations for corrective action recommendations, make audit reports, and conduct follow-ups.