Sexual harassment cases cost corporations millions of dollars in legal fees and lost revenue every year. Potential sexual harassment entanglements can appear anywhere in the work environment and in many different forms. As a manager, you need to be on constant alert as to what goes on in the workplace and know how to deal with inappropriate and illegal behaviors. This course provides practical examples designed to raise management awareness of the potential employee issues and the legal liabilities associated with sexual harassment. To fulfill the two-hour sexual harassment training requirements of California AB 1825, this course should be taken in conjunction with Sexual Harassment and Abusive Conduct Prevention for Managers (CA AB 1825 and 2053).
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- List and define the different types of sexual harassment
- Identify appropriate, inappropriate and illegal behaviors through factual scenarios
- Understand federal laws and legal trends for sexual harassment
- List the actual and hidden costs of sexual harassment
- List and apply methods for resolving sexual harassment complaints
- Identify and explain the role of the manager in reducing potential legal liability